Saturday, August 29, 2015

Carson's Wedding

Yesterday was my second wedding of the month...strange because I hadn't been to a wedding in quite a few years.  Carson and Andrew have lived their relationship the way many are doing it now.  They moved in together, had a son, bought a house, had a daughter, and then got married.  My bet is that they know each other so well now that their marriage is a permanent one.

Brent drove Mary, Faye, and me to the wedding hotel where we had our room for the night.  Sweet Brent kind of fell into the role of chauffeur and he took such good care of us...loading and unloading our luggage and even taking us to a restaurant this morning for breakfast...all without one word of complaint.  He is a treasure.

The wedding ceremony was held in an outside courtyard of the hotel and Mary and I scoffed nice seats in the shade thanks to Adam.  Faye, the gramma, was led down the aisle to her seat as the ceremony began.  I'm still in awe of the beauty of all 7 of Carson's bridesmaids...2 of which were Evann and Leah.

Carson, looking like a Vogue model, walked in with her father, Rob, and just took our breath away.  Valerie's 3 daughters are all statuesque, blonde, beautiful, and sweet young ladies.  Val, by the way, was stunning in an almost orange suit that showed her beautiful figure, too!

I couldn't see Carson on the podium because of the curtains around it but I could see Andrew.  The love and happiness on his face made me cry.  Oh, yes, another sweet thing was that Francis and Sydney were the ring bearer and flower girl and they behaved excellently.  Avry and a girl cousin were also in the wedding party and looked adorable.

Then the party!  These young ones know how to party even though the music wasn't to us old gals' taste.  Adam is one of the coolest dudes around and he even did an Irish jig.

Faye, Mary, and I finally headed to our rooms about 12:30 but the party of young ones carried on down the hall of our floor.  The slight noise didn't keep us awake and I actually slept in until almost 9:30 when Mary, dressed and ready to go, woke me up.  Faye had gone out earlier for coffee with Val.

I'm always bragging about the family I married into but I realize often that ours is not the only great family.  Carson married into a terrific family, too.  A strong family with loving and caring members can withstand any and all of what life hands us.  A strong family empowers us and comforts us.

Wedding planning is draining on all involved so Val must have been counting the minutes until it would all be over...but...Leah caught the bouquet.  Oh my! 

1 comment:

Valerie said...

We were thrilled to have you and Aunt Mary join us. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.