Monday, August 31, 2015

Good Change of Plans

I usually hate any change of plans but this one isn't so bad.  The bus trip to Ottawa was cancelled because not enough people signed up for it so now Sylvia can come here before Thanksgiving...I'm very happy about that!  If I never get to Ottawa it won't be the worst thing in my life.  I would have liked to see it but it can wait.

Faye and I had the worst time trying to figure out how much she owed me because I'd paid her by cheque for the trip which also included my share of the hotel room from last Friday.  We are both great at math (at least we used to be) but couldn't get our heads around how much she owed me back.  Could it be senility closing in on us??

Luckily Sylvia hadn't gotten her plane reservations yet so now she'll be able to fly in and out of Mount Hope airport.  I can't wait to see her!  I promised I'd fly to Nova Scotia next year so we might end up making this a yearly thing.  I hope so.  She's such a dear friend.

My friends on Facebook have let us know that a few of our loved 3W people won't be coming back this year because of illness.  Since most of us are seniors, this is to be expected.  One of my favorite people is Ron because he's such a clown...a very sweet and gentle clown.  He might just have been the center of joy in the whole park but he's had a stroke which will keep him and Gerrie home from now on.

Norma phoned me today and told me that little Barb is doing fine but can't use her car any more.  Her kids must think it's not safe for her to drive.  I guess that's something like my kids insisting I not drive alone to Florida any more.  Time does go on, doesn't it?

Norma is one of the cheeriest ladies I know and we'll get together for lunch before I head south.  Lady friends are so much fun!  I wish Dennis had understood this and not felt threatened by it.  I think he thought I'd get into mischief if I went out with girlfriends.  So sad for me.  But not now....my lady friends fill my heart with joy!

Marilee is coming from Oct.6-14 and Sylvia will be here from Sept.29-(I'm not sure) so we can all go to Niagara-on-the-Lake for the day.  I'll try not to run Sylvia ragged.  We can have some nice lazy days inbetween running the roads.

Well, now it's bedtime after a not so busy day but it's been an informative day with some good change of plans.




No comments: