Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Clean Car

One other nice thing done for me by my loved ones was that Matt detailed my car on Saturday morning.  I have to say that it's the cleanest and shiniest it's ever been...looks like a new car.

When I'm at the trailer I have a hose so I can wash it myself.  I can also drag the vacuum cleaner out and plug it into the outside outlet to vacuum the inside of the car.  Here at the apartment, I have none of these simple conveniences so I take the car occasionally to a car wash.  I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with a little car wash now that I've seen how Matt's hard work made my car gleam.

Faye and I drove to Oakville today to see Sheila's apartment and then go out for fish and chips.  I absolutely love her apartment and the building but she pays almost twice what I do for rent and it shows.  I am particularly jealous of her big balcony...one she says she hasn't used yet in the year she's been in the apartment.

It was nice seeing Sheila again.  We chummed together all the time when she, Lu, and Tom had their trailer at my park in Florida.  Lu passed away 9 years ago and Tom passed away about 1 1/2 years ago.  Sheila sold the family home (she'd grown up there) and moved into an apartment.  She feels the same way I do...relieved to have the care of a house off our shoulders!

It's still unbearably hot outside so it will be another day or so before the temperatures drop to normal and I can turn this darned air conditioner off.  I miss the fresh air coming in through the windows and patio door.

Tomorrow and Thursday will be do nothing days but I'm sure I'll find something I like that needs doing.

No comments: