Saturday, August 08, 2015

I'm Cute and Loveable

My friend, Monica, posted on Facebook that I'm cute and loveable.  No-one in my whole life has called me that and it got me wondering why more people don't take the time to compliment each other.  It feels so good.

Just one time my husband told me I was the prettiest woman in the room...and that was through almost 50 years of being together.  I never forgot it.  

I compliment people a lot because I know how good it feels.  We honestly don't hear enough that we're appreciated and I don't mean just for our looks.  I often told my husband that he was the smartest person I'd ever known...he didn't return the compliment, by the way.

My granddaughters are very beautiful but I've always drawn to their attention that they're also very good people because that matters most.  My daughters and grandsons are also good people and I'm extremely proud of them.  

I don't bulls..t when I compliment because that's no compliment at all.  I tell it like it is, not to ingratiate myself but to lift someones spirits with a truth about themselves.

Do yourself and someone else a favor by seeing and commenting on the good they do!

No comments: