Monday, August 10, 2015

Laughalot

I do laugh a lot because I'm a pretty happy person but it's true that a natural smile or laugh gives your spirit a boost.

On the other hand, feeling down (not depression) and dragging yourself around in misery takes a toll on your body and spirit.  We all feel down at times but we can always climb out of the depths if we choose.

Since I once had depression and will never allow myself to go there again if I can help it, I really enjoy comedy, fun friends and family that make me laugh.  My greatgrandchildren do it without even trying!  I can be a sympathetic ear to anyone with a problem but I discovered I can't be around someone who is in a deep clinical depression because I can feel myself being dragged down with them.  

I did one of those tests on Facebook and it said I'm very empathetic...but I knew that.  I also have E.S.P. to a degree.  My E.S.P. has saved my life a few times but being overly empathetic has caused me a lot of tears.  I wonder if it was empathy that kept me from punching a few idiots in the nose?

But as long as my loved ones are doing okay I'll stay happy.  I know, like all of us, some of them have their personal issues but they all handle them well and don't let problems beat them up.  If our spirit is strong, we can always succeed.

Have you ever giggled to yourself because you thought of a funny moment?  I do it a lot.  I think that's okay.






No comments: