Sunday, September 13, 2015

Change in the Weather

We spend a lot of time concerned about the weather.  Rarely do we get those absolutely perfect days but even those are different for different people or different times of the year.

Before I wintered in Florida, I used to love a crisp and sunny March day when the piles of snow were visibly melting.  I thought that we had winter beat by the month of March even if it snowed again...and it did.  But sight of snow melting in the sunshine was a real treat.

My favorite air temperature now is 75F with the sun shining and a slight breeze blowing.  That feels best to me no matter where I am or which month it is.  We get a lot of those days all winter long in Florida but, even when it's a bit cooler, the sun is usually shining.

I cursed the cold and rain yesterday when I went out to the car with no jacket on but this morning I'm thoroughly enjoying the cooler air slipping through the open patio door and bedroom windows.  It's all relative to where you are and I plan to stay home today and do some Swedish weaving so I'll appreciate the cooler air circulating the apartment.

Life is what you make of it.   

No comments: