Sunday, September 20, 2015

How To Unclog The Keurig Mini

I am so terribly inept when it comes to fixing things but most of that is because I have so little confidence in myself.  My mini Keurig has been acting kind of funny lately, not quite putting out enough water and also the coffee pod was waterlogged.  I knew this wasn't normal but had no idea what to do except ignore it and hope it would clear up on it's own.  That usually never works.

Desperate for my morning coffee today, I was horrified to find no water at all coming out of the Keurig.  I tried running vinegar water through it a few times but that didn't clear it.

Then I got on the blessed internet where you can find anything!  I watched a few videos on how to unclog the large Keurig but it took a while to find a lady demonstrating how to unclog the mini.  She was adorable and actually unclogged hers with an earring wire.  I followed her instructions but used a paper clip and, lo and behold, my Keurig was unclogged!

I'll try to explain:  First unplug and tip to empty any water that is in it.  Inside where you place your little plastic cup of coffee grounds there are 2 needles...one on top and one on the bottom.  Apparently the clog is always in the top one.  There is a little plastic gasket around the top needle that is easily removed but be careful not to stab yourself with the needle.  Inside the needle are a couple of holes.  Unfold a paper clip and insert the end into the holes and kind of jab it up and down for a few moments.  Voila!  Your Keurig will be unclogged.  Oh yes, don't forget to put the little plastic gasket back on.

I am very proud of myself for conquering one more problem that my husband would normally have taken care of.  We really do keep learning, don't we?

No comments: