Wednesday, September 09, 2015

I Patted A Cat

I went to Mavis for my pedicure today and met her two new cats, Mickie and Goldie.  They are so cute and, just as I was leaving, Mavis picked up Goldie, the little orange one and stood close to me as she cuddled her.  I reached over and patted the cat...first time I've touched a cat since I was 12 years old because of allergies.  I've wanted to take a chance for a while now because it seems my allergies to pollen have disappeared so maybe I'll be okay with cats now, too.

It worried me for a few moments but it felt so good to caress that sweet little cat.  I do love cats and always felt it so unfair that I was unable to touch them.  

That was about 4 hours ago and I've had no itching or sneezing.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if cat dander no longer caused my allergies and maybe, just maybe, I can get a cat of my own?

I'm not sure yet but will be patting every cat I come across now to see if it bothers me.  I'll be going out to Mary's in a few weeks so I can cuddle and pet Chloe.  If her long furred little self is safe for me, I'm maybe going to shop for a kitty!

No comments: