Friday, September 04, 2015

Irritating Skin Cancers

I was just looking at this old picture (Feb. 2014) when I had the chemical peel to help clear up the rough patches/pre-skin cancers on my face and I thought how much crap I've been through with my face.  The chemical peel did clear up some of the rough patches but it didn't stop a skin cancer from appearing to the left of my nose right above my lip.  I had that one removed with the Mohs surgery in June.

All this because I didn't use sun screen in my earlier years!

Some seniors get all bent out of shape because of their wrinkles.  Not me.  I just thank my lucky stars when a new day doesn't bring a new skin cancer.

Since they started to pop up, I haven't gone 1 full year without a new one arriving and there's never any guarantee that no more will come.  I see my dermatologist at least twice a year and she sprays anything that looks suspicious with liquid nitrogen.  I'm really hoping I can get through the next 9 months at least without any re-occurance!  That might give me hope that it's all over and done with.

This is an irritating health problem but many people my age have much worse.  Cancer in any form is not to be taken lightly but skin cancer is one of the easiest to treat.  I'm very thankful for that.    

No comments: