Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm Thankful


I'm a little concerned about how I seem to be perpetually happy.  Faye says it's because I don't know what's going on but I think it's because I am so thankful for the good things in my life.  Nolan and Nash, pictured above, are my greatgrandsons and they are a huge source of my happiness.  I always wanted to be a Gramma but never thought ahead to when I'd be a GG.  I feel so darned blessed to have lived long enough to meet these little boys and to become part of their lives.

I usually have one of the boys for an overnight about every 2 weeks but I know they'll outgrow wanting to do this.  I'll never outgrow wanting them here but I accept they'll grow up and have better options.

When either of these boys even slightly aren't that enthusiastic about staying overnight with me, I bribe them with restaurant meals.  It doesn't matter why they stay with me, it only matters that they do.

Right now Nolan is watching T.V. and playing with his Legos while I play on the computer for a while.  It's very peaceful here and I think Nolan and Nash sometimes need a quiet place where they are the most important person in the room.  That's one of the reasons I like to take care of them individually so I can concentrate all my love and attention on one boy.

Back to my little worry about why I'm always so happy...what matters is that I'm happy .

No comments: