Saturday, October 31, 2015

Is Everyone Offended?

I really get very tired of hearing how someone is offended by one thing or another.  The latest is the natives being offended by a particular Halloween costume of a native dress that is sort of sexy.  My response to that is...it's only a damn costume!  We are all offended by something, I guess, but shouldn't we save our fury for things that really matter?  There are children in the world starving and being molested.  There are veterans who can't get the medical help they need.  There are families being slaughtered because of their religion.  The list is endless.  

These pitiful bandwagons that some people jump on drive me nuts.  Natives have a hell of a lot more to be protesting against than a fiddlin' Halloween costume that's just a tad racy.

"Politically correct" promoters who want us all to live vanilla lives that can't possibly offend anyone offend the hell out of me!

Oops, should I have said vanilla?  Maybe it's on the list of things that offend someone.  I don't give a royal you know what!  

No comments: