Sunday, November 22, 2015

Why So Much Violence?

I remember the fire of youth but I also remember the respect we had for adults and authority.  From what I see on T.V., there is a terrible lack of respect being taught to our young people and I'll bet that's where the violence and destruction is coming from today.  If children are not brought up to respect their parents, they will not respect anything else.  Their youthful fire will be set free without discipline or fear of consequences.

Respect for our country was taught in school when I was a child...is that still done today?  Respect for our teachers was also taught.  How many teachers are physically attacked by their students today?

Cursing in public is also a sign of disrespect.  Can teenagers really not be aware how awful this sounds to the ears of their elders?  My own babies are as guilty of this as many young people and I always feel insulted by it.  They used to apologize for the worst words when they slipped out but not so much any more.  It's almost as though proper grammar is a thing of the past. 

Anyway, if all parents insisted on their children showing them respect instead of trying to be one of their friends, I think the next generation would be better for it. 

No comments: