Sunday, December 06, 2015

Getting It Ready

When I make a firm decision to do something I usually jump right into the preparations.  Having decided to sell the trailer, I spent a few hours today gathering together everything I felt had no place here and was nothing I wanted to take home.  I called Joann to come over and have first choice and then put everything else out on the patio with a huge "free" sign.

Things moved slowly until Dallas came by.  Thanks to him I only had a few items to take to the Salvation Army.  I was very happy and I hope his wife, Donna, was happy with what he brought home.

After leaving the Salvation Army, I drove to Walmart to purchase "for sale" signs.  I had planned on letting the park sell the trailer but 2 people have told me the park demands $700 up front when you sign on with them.  I'm not about to do that so may end up selling it myself.  I'll go up to the office tomorrow and get the facts straight, though.

I really have no idea what to charge for the trailer and will have to consult with some of my friends for advice.

Anyway, I made a lot of headway today toward selling.  I won't be leaving until April 1st and that might be a problem but who knows?  We'll just have to wait and see what happens.  If it doesn't sell, I'll just come back again next winter.

Update:  The people who told me about $700 up front were wrong.  The office charges 8% or $700, whichever is higher, to sell your trailer.  The charge is for when the trailer sells and not before.  I can live with that!

No comments: