Saturday, December 19, 2015

My Lizard

I was going to take a picture of the lizard that lives in my Florida room but he seems to be hiding right now.  Most days he seems to sit near the patio doors and stares me down as I walk by him.  He's quite a defiant little lizard but he does move quickly away if I get too close.

It's interesting that I, who am terrified of bugs and vermin, can abide a lizard in my domain.  I have no fear of them as long as they don't startle me so I try to limit them to the Florida room and attempt to remove any that find their way into the actual trailer.

The truth is that, if you live in the south, you'll find the odd bug or lizard in your home.  I'm not sure how he got into mine because I'm very careful about keeping the outside door closed tight but I guess they dart quickly and somehow do find their way in.  Anyway, as long as he's in the Florida room and not too big he can stay.

Life in the south!!

No comments: