Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Settled Down

Since I got to Florida, I haven't been able to really settle in and be content for the winter because too much is different this year.  I've resumed playing cards every Tuesday and Thursday and Bingo on Wednesdays and Fridays but I miss Sylvia's presence every time.  The difference makes me sad.

The park put up a "for sale" sign in front of my trailer yesterday so now I wait and hope for a quick sale even though I'm not going back home until April.  For me, it's like the end to an era where I enjoyed my winter in the sun since 1999 (first 3 months here).  I'm not sad to leave, though, because I recognize it as the time to go.

We all have passages in our lives where certain things prevail and my 16+ winters in Florida were an unexpected blessing in my life.  I'm thankful I had this time and I'll always treasure it but I'll also be able to create another different but pleasant life back home in the winters. 

Life is all about making the best of any situation and that's exactly what I'll do from this moment on.


No comments: