Sunday, December 20, 2015

Surprise

I put my trailer up for sale last week because our Canadian dollar has dropped so drastically that it's become ridiculous for me to keep the trailer with it's high lot rent.  It wasn't a move that broke my heart but it did mean that my life would be changing and not necessarily for the better...just the wy lives change all the time.

John and Shelley phoned me a few days ago and offered to buy the trailer so I could continue to winter in Florida.  I can't tell you how that made me feel...awed, loved, scared, unsure.  My mind filled with thoughts of how my husband's life work is what gave me the trailer to begin with and now our daughter's would be what gave it to me for a little longer.  My biggest fear is that I'd get sick and not be able to come here anyway and they'd be burdened with it.  There are so many cons for them buying it and the only pros are for me to be able to winter in Florida for a few more years as long as my health holds out.

I'm going over to Tampa today to talk to them about it and make some kind of decision.  I still feel all those things I felt when they first offered.

Yes, I'd love to keep coming back here to the park for a while yet, maybe not for 5-6 months but for 3-4 months instead.  I love it here and I love the people who have become my friends but I can't get past wondering how fair it is for Shelley and John to carry the financial burden for me.

I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: