Thursday, January 14, 2016

Freeing Space

When I thought I was selling the trailer, I cleared out even more than I'd planned on and it's worked out well.  It all went for free and that's fine with me because I had very little monetary value in the items and no emotional attachment.  Most I'd bought cheaply at yard sales to sell on Ebay and only kept because I hadn't gotten around to discarding.  By eliminating all those mainly small items, I was able to clear out one whole shelving unit in the Florida room.  It continues to feel really good about creating space where once there was clutter.

When Shelley and John took over my lot rent I felt an immediate release of tension from my shoulders and that's exactly how I feel every time I permanently remove stuff from the trailer.  It's amazing how much stuff I'd accumulated to sell on Ebay that didn't sell and just took up valuable space for years.  

Now I'm looking around here and thinking about getting a new desk that doesn't have the shelving on top of it...it would make the room look bigger, I bet.  I'm also eyeing the large T.V. stand in the Florida room and picturing a simple stand to take it's place.  

I guess we never stop feathering our nest, do we?

No comments: