Friday, January 15, 2016

Something Old/Something New

I have no qualms about buying from second hand stores so, as you can see by the photo, I just bought the cutest lamp from one.

I was tired of the lamp in the bedroom and wanted something a little more old fashioned so I checked out a few thrift stores until I found this sweet old lamp.  I didn't like the shade that was on it but, lo and behold, sitting all by itself in a corner was this cutest lampshade I've ever seen.  Being me, I asked for a discount because I wasn't taking the shade already on the lamp and was given one.  It never hurts to ask.

The lamp is a greyish glass (maybe was white in it's youth) with a marble base.  The shade, to me, is gorgeous beyond words and makes me smile when I look at it.

Total cost with tax..$8.05.  I love it! 

No comments: