Saturday, January 16, 2016

Maya

My friend, Carol, acquired a little Yorkie a few months ago and it really warms your heart to see the two of them together.  Maya's previous owners might have been running a puppy mill and she got too old to produce more puppies so the owner, may she/he rest in hell, had the nerve to sell this little dog to my friend for the unbelievable price of $300.  Carol was told the dog was 5 years old but the vet says she's closer to 10 years old.

Carol told me how Maya had lumps on her chest, swollen foot pads, and massive infection in her ears when she went to live with her.  Carol had the vet do surgery and cure the infection and now Maya is a happy and cuddly old puppy.

Carol needs the constant affection she receives from Maya and Maya needs and deserves the loving attention she receives from Carol.  It's as though they were meant to find each other.

I've often thought that dogs are angels who come into our lives to teach us how to become finer human beings.  In this case, the union of Maya and Carol could be more that Maya needed rescuing and Carol is her angel.

When Carol first brought Maya over to meet me, she was very shaky and nervous because she didn't know me.  She knows me now and trusts me.  What a compliment it is to have an animal's trust!

And so...both Carol's and Maya's lives have vastly improved since they came together.  Each needed someone to love and snuggle with and now they have it.

No comments: