Sunday, May 22, 2016

Flowers for the Soul

I've almost got my balcony the way I want it...just a few more portulaca for 2 small pots and I'll be done.  I've discovered a few things, though.  The one old patio chair I kept has to go and so does the child's patio chair.  This is no big deal and it will result in a much roomier and prettier balcony.  The balcony is crescent shaped, wider in the middle so it's not as big as I would have liked.

Matt put the air conditioner in yesterday and I opted to have him put it in the section of the window closest to the computer.  My idea was that the tote I have to put under it outside to collect the water would be further from the bistro set.  This is true but it's also true that now the cold air from the air conditioner blows right on me at the computer.  I rarely use the air conditioner so that might turn out okay...we'll have to see.

Anyway, my balcony looks cute and colorful, just the way I like it.  Tonight I'll sit outside among the finery with a drink in hand and watch some fireworks.  I'm so very happy here!

No comments: