Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Just a Thought

For a while I've been hearing black people complain about their own people lightening their skin (like Michael Jackson) and how this is an insult to the natural beauty of the black race.  I just watched a few minutes of Dr. Oz and saw the same topic being discussed.  Then I thought of how, for years and years, white people have been baking under the sun or applying skin coloring agents to darken their skin.  Why was there no talk of how we were insulting our white race??

This is what I think.  This is the era of how everyone is offended and insulted by just about everything.  I think we're driving ourselves crazy by over analyzing every damn thing we do.

Women are especially nuts by dyeing their hair, using filler on their faces to hide wrinkles, and make-up up the whazoo!  But lately men have started dyeing their hair and using make-up, too.  We all seem hell bent on fooling the public into believing we look like something we don't.

Anyway, black people, when your people lighten their skin they are just being as crazy as the white people who darken theirs.  It isn't a conspiracy, just stupidity.

I saw a few make-up transformations on Facebook and they were startling.  Seeing the "before" and then the "after" was like seeing 2 different people.  This got me wondering what happens on the morning after a man beds a strange woman.  Does she dare take off her heavy make-up before going to bed so that he might change his mind when he sees the real face?  Or does she do it in the morning and make him wonder who he slept with?

Women's make-up used to be a little lipstick and a little eyeliner and mascara....she still looked like who she was but a bit better.  Now it's as though they're wearing a mask.  There is not much in this world as lovely as a young girl's natural skin.  I wish we all had enough confidence in ourselves to lose the make-up altogether.  I did but not until I got too old for it to help.  LOL!

No comments: