Thursday, June 02, 2016

The "F" Word

I love my kids.  I love my grandkids.  But...they all use the "F" word much too liberally for my liking.

Now these are well educated and well mannered people so why do they insist on fouling the air with such terrible language?  I've noticed they become significantly worse when they're in a group, too.

Cindy's been having everyone over to her house on Wednesday evenings to play dominoes and it's been a lot of fun.  Not so much last night, though, because my family seemed to go "F" crazy.  I know I'm the old gal but that's not how my generation talked and it still offends me to hear it so often.

They'll never understand but that's just the way it is for me.  

Update:  Apparently my daughters read this blog...I thought I was wailing into the wind!  Anyway, without me bringing it up, both my girls began to discuss how everyone (except me, LOL) got out of hand the other night using the "F" word and it was going to stop.  I was frazzled because it was never my intention to insinuate my feelings on the family.  I just hoped the language would clear up of it's own accord, not by me being a party pooper.  I feel as though I'm dampening their fun now and that also makes me uncomfortable.  I think I'm in a no-win situation.

No comments: