Sunday, July 17, 2016

In My World

In my world the sun would shine and the temperature would remain a steady 70F.  Rain would fall at night  and the land would flourish with flowers and tame animals.  There would be no war, only peace and contentment throughout the world.  I sound like I should be some kind of deity!  LOL!

I don't know who made this world we habitate but they goofed when it came to creating people and the need to eat to survive.  They should have left well enough alone when they created the flora.  Flowers are passive and beautiful and don't need to kill anything in order to live.

I've always pictured my hereafter just like that first paragraph.  Serene and peaceful in a world the way it should be.  The older I get, the less hope I have that we humans will ever be able to make a peaceful world, though.  If anything, I see more murderous hatred and intolerance every year and I can't help but wonder what is fueling this evil.  And, surprise, it always seems to stem from some religion or offshoot of a religion.

In my world, there would be no separation of the people by religion.  We would worship at the throne of nature instead and nourish our world instead of destroy it.  How nice that would be!

We would look at one another with respect and brotherhood and, instead of seeing the variations, see the similarities to ourselves.  Whatever genes that cause hatred and cruelty would not inhabit our bodies.  

Good grief, I could do a better job than whoever created the mess mankind is in right now.   

No comments: