Saturday, July 16, 2016

Peaceful Day

I slept in a little late this morning...8 A.M. so I guess my body needed it.  One bad note, there was only enough milk for one coffee because I forgot to get some yesterday!  I'll survive.

I really took my time this morning going through the sites where I find my flower photos so that gave me the time to enjoy the rest of what nature has to offer.  These sites are filled with beautiful photos of animals, babies, scenery that would calm the stormiest mind.  Thank heavens for the good people who take the time to find the photos and post them for everyone to enjoy.

And then my sweet friend, Sylvia, phoned me and we talked forever.  It's funny how an agnostic like me and a good catholic like Sylvia can have such a strong friendship bond.  We respect each other's beliefs.  There's a lot to be said about respect in a friendship...I don't think you can have a true friend if you don't respect them.  Sylvia and I have had a few serious discussions about religion that never turned into an argument.  We listened, learned, took in or discarded with tact and respect.

It's such a quiet day here today.  I can hear the distant sound of cars on the main street but I'm far enough back that they're not very loud.  I've been poking around on the computer all morning and I'm not even dressed yet or made the bed.  It doesn't matter because all will be done in time.

I hadn't really planned on going out today but there is that very serious problem of not having any more milk.  I can't live without milk in my coffee tomorrow morning so I will have to go out whether I want to or not.

The world issues that drained me the other day still linger in the back of my mind but that's where they'll stay.  I'm feeling the peace in my sweet, quiet little apartment right now.  


No comments: