Saturday, July 02, 2016

Tim Horton's Laughable Service

And so I had to lodge another complaint the other day.  I spent about 20 minutes placing and waiting for my order...Diet Pepsi and those nice new potato wedges they've been advertising.

Part way through my wait for the order, I was handed a Pepsi...not a Diet Pepsi.   Then I waited for another 5 minutes before the cook came over to me and the man waiting ahead of me and asked if we were waiting for food.  She hadn't been given the order.  We both nodded and waited another 10 minutes before one of the waitresses came over and told me I'd have to wait another 20 minutes for the potato wedges.  I'm assuming they had to go to the market to buy the potatoes!!!

I asked for my money back and a complaint card.

When I got home, I phoned the Tim Horton's complaint department and told them my sad story.  Apparently it will be passed on and I should receive a call from them.  The lady I spoke to also told me she'd enjoyed our conversation very much.  I wonder if I didn't come across as p....d off as much as I was??

Then yesterday (I actually rarely go to Tim's)  Kim and I decided to have our supper there because we both wanted to try those darned potato wedges.  This time we got an elderly waitress who told us there were no more potato wedges and then went on to screw our simple order up completely.  Kim did receive a free sandwich out of the deal but I'm left wondering what is happening to Tim Horton's!!  I won't be calling in a complaint about this last visit but I sure hope their staff will get their act together.  If they can screw up a simple order at 7 P.M. when they had few customers, heaven help them all at noon time.

Update:  I was determined to have those potato wedges so I tried a different Tim's yesterday.  Darned if they didn't taste like crap.  But the service was excellent!

Update #2:  The manager of the Tim Horton's where I had to get a refund called me today.  She apologized for my bad experience and is sending me a $10 Tim's card.  I honestly didn't make this complaint to get something for free but I'll accept it because they can afford it.  I firmly believe that the company where you receive poor service should be made aware of what is going on so they can fix it.  I never return to a place where I received poor service and I bet that's how many people react.  The owner or manager of a business may never know why his/her business is beginning to fail unless we, the customer, let them know about our bad experience.

I won't go back to the Tim's at Eastgate but I have no problem with going to any other Tim's.  

No comments: