Sunday, October 30, 2016

Craft Show With Kim

It's interesting to see what people are attracted to and will buy.  I had about a dozen gorgeous (in my mind) necklaces that no-one wanted except Aeron and I gave her one for free.  But some of the newer pendants and bracelets I'd chosen to sell were very nicely accepted by buyers.  It gives me an idea bout what to purchase again for sale.  I made about $100 profit.

Kim had finally gotten interested in selling something herself after just helping me out for years.  She chose 2 different styles of silverplate rings which she was wise enough to also purchase ring boxes to show them off.  She probably made all of her outlay money back with the dozen she sold and she still has quite a few left for the next craft show at Sackville on November 11th so that will be pure profit for her.  

We do this for fun but it's nice to make a few bucks while we're having fun.  There have been times that we didn't sell enough to pay for the table rental and that's not fun.  I don't count in our time because we use it to chat with each other and the customers.  There are dealers who consider this a real job so they can't just enjoy the day because their financial health depends on good sales at each event.

We've never had more than a couple of venues each year but for the past few years it's been only one per year.  This year it will be two but next year we're back to one.  We are not working ourselves to death and this can remain a fun hobby that hopefully makes us a few dollars at the end of the day.

No comments: