Tuesday, October 25, 2016

They're Still Calling

Statistics Canada is still after my input (at 76) for their Labor Survey.  They called 3 times yesterday, last call at 9 P.M., and I think the count might be up around 300 calls since last May.  I have caller I.D. and I've now memorized the private numbers they call from so I just ignore them.  It's slightly irritating but what bothers me most is how tenacious they are with hounding a senior citizen.  It smacks of dictatorship and not what I think of in Canada.

Just think how much money it has cost the tax payers for the salaries to pay people to harass just one senior citizen this way.  I've contacted my member of parliament who didn't reply.  Hmmm!  

Now, I leave for Florida in a month and I'm curious to know if I'll still be receiving these calls when I get back home.  Maybe they'll call forever!  Maybe the RCMP will be called in to track me to Florida and obtain my phone number there.  OMG!  I must be very important if the government needs me this much!  It's funny but it also makes me wonder just how free we are in Canada.

No comments: