Saturday, October 22, 2016

Jo Passed Away

If you learn anything as you age it's that life is not always fair and the most wonderful people don't always get the best deals out of life.  The hardest thing to understand is when children get sick or die...if there is some power that can save them, why wasn't that done?

Jo was a senior lady so she did have the opportunity to live a full life with a devoted husband, children, and grandchildren.  The great loss is that she brought light wherever she went.  Everyone loved her because it was a joy to be in the company of such a kind and gentle lady.  I believe people like Jo inspire the rest of us to be better people, too.  

Well, she's gone now and out of her misery after suffering from lung cancer for the past 6+ months.  There's no good reason why she had to leave us so soon but maybe her loved ones would feel it was too soon if she was 100.  There is no question that Jo's presence in a day made it a better one.

I wasn't one of Jo's best friends but I considered her a good friend and one I admired.  She had a spot in my life where I hold good people near.  I hope she's awakened on the other side happy and healthy once again.

No comments: