Thursday, October 13, 2016

Please Forgive Me

I think I'm being funny but I might be plain annoying.  That's a hard pill to swallow but I'm thinking it might be true.

There is so much sense in just keeping your mouth shut when you actually have nothing to say that is productive and I've been ignoring that fact.  My mouth seems to work even without clear conscious pre-thought and that is annoying.

And so, I will make more of a conscious effort to shut up and not think my chatter is funny and contributing to the conversation.  I doubt I've ever had that filter but it's time I developed it.

I also think that my belief in speaking up when necessary has failed to make the distinction between speaking when necessary and speaking just to hear my own voice.

No-one has told me this but it's something I've sort of figured out for myself by playing back in my mind what I've said.  I will do better from now on, I hope.

No comments: