Friday, December 30, 2016

Almost the New Year

As 2016 nears it's end, we seem to reminisce about the plus and minuses of the year.  My year is ending by far on the plus side but there were a few sad minuses, too.  The biggest minus was when Isabel passed away.  She had fought cancer for over 2 years so it wasn't a surprise, just a heartache to lose her.  The other minus was being diagnosed with that darned cyst in my pancreas that still hasn't begun to hurt and might never but could.  

There will never be a year for any one of us that doesn't hold both good and bad because that's life.  I don't know who else besides my family that reads this blog but I hope everyone takes to heart that it's family that rules the world.  Family will nurture us and support us and comfort us throughout our lives...good family, that is.  If we don't come from good family, we can create our own.  There might be crime, war, and disasters all around us but, if we have good family, we will survive it all.

I'm not particularly anxious to see what 2017 will bring.  I'm very concerned about "President Trump".  I'm extremely thrilled about Nicole and Sam's wedding.  I'm a little worried about the cyst. 

Let's just wait and see.  

No comments: