Sunday, January 01, 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Like Dennis always said, if he'd known he'd live so long he'd have taken better care of himself.  LOL!  Well, when we're young we fool ourselves into thinking we'll live forever and never age like our parents and grandparents.  Hmmm!  We were wrong.

Nevertheless, to have lived to see 2017 is something I never even thought of in my wildest dreams.  It seemed too far away to be bothered considering but here it is.  There still isn't world peace but we Canadians are still living in a darned good and reasonably safe country.  I'm warm and contented in my sweet little apartment and my fridge is full.  My babies are all well and my grandson, Nick, just got engaged to the sweetest lady I could have chosen for him myself!  Life is pretty darned good even if I have aged with wrinkles and infirmities that I never thought I'd get.

Today is a gorgeous, sunny and cool (not too cold) day for the first day of the year and I hope all of us have something to be thankful for.  

Happy 2017!


No comments: