Monday, January 02, 2017

Good Memories

I had dinner at Kim's yesterday with Matt, Kellie, Nick, Bev, Nolan, and Nash.  After dinner we watched hours of old home movies and they were some of the best hours I've spent in my life.  It seemed like just yesterday that my grandchildren were so young, innocent, funny, and cute.  I could almost feel their sweet skin on my hands as I watched their antics on film.  They were just as I have always remembered them.

It got me wondering about cultures where there are no photos or filming done in families and, therefore, no old memories like that to mull over in later years.  I could have sat and watched it with pleasure all night.

Bev got to see how darned cute Nick was in those days.  He's still cute.  Kellie got to see how wild and cute Matt was in those days...I hope it didn't scare her off.  But he's still cute, too!

We saw a lot of Tyson, Kyle, and Aeron as beautiful little children.  We saw a little bit of Lisette and Nicole but they lived in the south and weren't here often.  It was so cute to see how Lisette loved the snow and how Nicole didn't love it much.  They looked like beautiful tropical flowers that had landed for a moment in the snowy north.

My babies babies have always meant so much to me and last night I got to live those precious early moments all over again for a few hours.

No comments: