Thursday, December 15, 2016

As Bad As I Remember

I've always hated frigid weather and haven't had to deal with it in years but the last few frigid days have brought all the horrible memories to life again.  I hate it.  But I'm still glad to be home, surprisingly.

I went to Cindy's last night for dominoes and the cold just getting in and out of the car and the house was horrible so I decided I'm not going up there to play dominoes until maybe April.  I went out for groceries today and the cold was horrible.  I decided I'll only go out for groceries when there is no wind.  There's no way I can last without groceries until April so my concession to the cold will have to be just no wind.

I've always believed that human beings were never meant to live in north country where the temperatures fall below 70F.  We were never meant to have to bundle up in parkas, boots, scarves, and mitts just to venture outside.  This isn't a normal way to live.

Anyway, the bears and I are going to hibernate this winter as much as we can.

No comments: