Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Swiveless Swivel Chair

I ordered my navy leather swivel glider (yes, glider) on August 13, 2016 from the Leather Sofa Gallery on Lewis Rd, Stoney Creek.  What arrived 9 weeks later was a beautiful navy leather rocker.  I called them in a panic because I'd paid cash for the darn thing and worried it would take forever to get it straightened out.  It has.

The lady I dealt with was very polite and kind but her partner, her cousin's husband, not so nice.  I accepted the rocker part instead of the glider but was adamant I needed the swivel base as soon as possible.  The swivel base arrived last Monday (Dec. 5) with the wrong bars to attach it.  The cousin's husband honestly didn't seem to know what the heck he was doing and I'm leery about letting him complete the job.  He promised to return with the right bars by LAST Wednesday.  He didn't.

I have been promised he'll show up today between 4 and 6 P.M..  If you're planning on buying new furniture, you might want to bypass this store even if the lady who owns it is very nice.

No comments: