Thursday, December 08, 2016

Better Bloodwork Results

I had my bloodwork done again today, mainly to see if my white blood count was continuing to rise.  I accessed the results on the internet and was thrilled to see that everything they tested was much improved.  The white blood cell count which had risen dramatically to 26.9 had dropped to 18.2 and the lymphocytes which also had risen dramatically to 20.4 is now 12.0.  Both are still a little higher than normal but it just amazes me how the body will attempt to repair itself.  I'm more positive than ever that the abnormal increases came from the steroid treatments I had on my arm.  None of this takes away the fact that I still have the pancreatic cyst but that cyst might not have been discovered if my bloodwork hadn't gone wonky.  It could be a case of things happening for a reason.  I would not have wanted to be down in Florida suffering from some kind of painful pancreatic attack.

I somehow came across a bit of information on bitter melon and how it apparently can "cure" diabetes and shrink pancreatic cysts.  Of course, none of this is proven but it is interesting.  There would be a danger for anyone taking metformin to also use it because the combination could cause a serious drop in blood sugar so I'll talk to my doctor before trying it.  

Anyway, I now have healthier blood than I did 2 weeks ago.  Amazing!

No comments: