Sunday, December 18, 2016

Snowed and Iced In

I'm afraid to go outside.  It isn't as much as the snow that completely covers my car but the ice that's underneath the snow on the ground.  I've lately become terrified of slipping on the ice and breaking a hip.  Even if nothing broke, I don't know how I'd get back up on my feet again after a fall.  It's pitiful being so old and weak!

I don't mind staying home for a while but, even in my wildest dreams, I didn't count on it being 3-4+ days...could be more.  I'm having Christmas breakfast at Nick's if I can get there and then Christmas dinner at Cindy's where I'll be sure to get there because Kim will be driving me.  I think I'm getting a taste of what my life will be like here in the frozen winter north country!

Right now my car is buried under the snow and that worries me as to how long it will take me to clear it off but the worst worry is actually how I'll even get to the car.  The parking lot is plowed regularly but I know from the other day that there is ice under the snow.  I've asked twice for underground parking to no avail.

There is chance of a slight thaw on Wednesday which hopefully could melt the ice but I'm not counting on it.  Crap!

No comments: