Sunday, March 12, 2017

Fat Cat, St. Petersburgh

Faye and I finally got over to the "Fat Cat" for an afternoon of down home music with Eddie Coffey and a nice lunch.  I've always said I should have been born in the maritimes instead of Ontario.  I love the music, the people, and the countryside.

We chatted with strangers who happened to come from Toronto.  Some people who had met Faye and Marilee last year remembered her and stopped to chat.  Faye got hit on by some old guy who said he'd considered going on safari but changed his mind and came to Florida instead.  Interesting afternoon!

The Fat Cat is a clean and safe bar in a strip mall and so much fun to spend an afternoon.  There's great music and dancing, too.  I wish so much that we had bars like this at home where a single lady could go and enjoy herself without feeling uncomfortable.  This one was mostly filled with seniors and many knew each other.  

I'm looking forward to going there more often next year if I can.

No comments: