Monday, March 13, 2017

It's Too Quiet

Here I sit at the computer and the quiet of the house is a little disconcerting.  The puppies are asleep and Shelley, John and Jake are away on vacation until tomorrow.  Faye has gone to have her car realigned and a new rear window wiper put on so it's just me and the sleeping puppies here.

This is our last week in Florida...Dwayne arrives on Friday and we head home Saturday morning so the time is moving quickly.  I've enjoyed the month spent with the Alvarez family and hope we haven't been a burden to them.  It's a long time to put up with company in your home.

Shelley purchased 23 and me (DNA) for us and it should arrive today.  Once we complete the kit and mail it back to the company, we'll get the results via e-mail in about 2 weeks.  I can't wait to see what my ancestry is...this is the only way I might find out about my father's ancestors.  I think it's an amazing thing that we can now learn about where our great-great-great-great grandparents walked the earth.  Simply amazing!

It's overcast today and we might get some rain but that's preferable to the major snowstorm that is hitting southern Ontario.  I can still sit outside without a coat or sweater and feel the Florida warmth while being protected from the rain. 

Life is good!

No comments: