Thursday, March 23, 2017

Sylvia Called Today

Sylvia is such a dear friend and I consider myself blessed to have run into her at 3W.  Her home is in Nova Scotia and mine is in Ontario, more than 1000 miles apart, so it's unlikely we ever would have met otherwise.  We had to travel 1200 miles to Florida to meet and become the best of friends!

When we speak on the phone it's like she's right beside me and that no time has passed.  We're different in many ways but connect strongly on what matters most.  

It's strange how many people you meet in your life, most you'll probably like but only the scant few will somehow become a really close friend...almost a sister friend...and that's how I think of Sylvia.  I know I recognized very quickly that she was a special person and someone that I valued.  It would be interesting to find out just what it is in a person that makes you connect as a best friend.

A close friend doesn't have to be a perfect human being.  They can have many faults that you can accept.  For me, the dealbreakers are someone who is dishonest or mean.  There might be more but those are the most important ones.  

Anyway, my dear friend Sylvia called me today and that made me very happy.  I'm hoping her husband, Mickey, will let her come here for a visit in the fall no matter how much he'll miss her.


No comments: