Friday, June 16, 2017

A Beautiful June Day

It's warm and the sun is shining.  I've had no bad news for a while now and I'm starting to relax.  My family is doing well and that's what counts the most for me.

I believe that June must be the most perfect of months here in Canada.  The weather is usually good to perfect and the flowers are still young and lush.  I love the early autumn months, too, but they just aren't as beautiful as June.

I have lots of memories of Junes of the past.  Gardening was a huge part when I had my house and I still carry the memory of June air on my skin, planting and watering and sitting to admire my work.  Early June was much more relaxing than late June because that's when school ended and the kids stayed home.  I can still picture them playing under the sprinkler, laughing and enjoying their freedom from school for a couple of months.  

Years passed and my girls married and moved away and there was quiet all through June.  I remember a bit of sadness that a very important era had come and gone but, joy of joys, along came grandson #1 on June 7, 1984.  Yes, I do love the month of June!   

No comments: