Wednesday, June 28, 2017

On Sleeping Well

When I had depression, one of the things that kept me from sleeping well was that my mind wouldn't let go of all the things that upset or worried me.  It was like having a newsreel continuously looping through my head but offering no solutions.  That rarely happens any more and one of the reasons is that I know what is important in my life and what isn't.  All that counselling that OHIP paid for does come in handy.

I slept well and awoke very early and just at sunrise.  I love to greet the sunrise but it's kind of early right now...I'll try to remember these beautiful early morning sunrises when I'm crawling out of bed in the dark in December.  

We're still in my favorite month of June and it promises to be one gorgeous day today so I'm going for a nice long drive out in the country.  One of the lovely things about our big, beautiful country is how quickly we can travel outside the city.  Even in the midst of our downtown, I could reach countryside within 15 minutes.  I do love driving and I do love my cute little car that gives me the freedom to travel near and far!

Life is good!

  

No comments: