Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Donna Fell

Donna is always a very neat and well put together lady so when she showed up for our Swedish weaving Tuesday get-together with 2 black eyes and a swollen and bandaged nose I was shocked.  I jokingly asked her if Frank had finally snapped but half way thought she might have gotten the bruising from some medical procedure.  She hadn't.  She'd taken a really nasty fall on her way to the doctor's office.

Donna explained how she'd had a choice of taking a few extra steps to approach the medical building safely or to take a chance and walk up a little dirt path so she, like I do every time, chose the dirt path which also happens to be on a slight incline.  Our balance is not perfect as we age and Donna took one little wobble too far and flipped off her feet and right down on her face.  I can only imagine her embarrassment which was probably worse than the pain she felt.  Luckily a lady driving by saw what happened and stopped to help her.

This lady was an angel, helping Donna up and even going into the doctor's office with her.  She even went back to where Frank would be picking Donna up and told him what happened.  Some people just amaze me with their kindness.

So Donna looks like hell but thankfully never broke anything.  We seniors have a terrible fear of falling and breaking a hip or knee which would be devastating for us and whoever takes care of us.  Donna has a better appreciation of Frank right now!

I'm on my own so my daughters already know they'll be stuck looking after me if or when I take a fall or serious illness.  We're all hoping I'll go to my reward quickly and painlessly.

No comments: