Friday, September 08, 2017

Hurricane and Pets

Two of my friends (that I know of) are going to sit the hurricane out in their trailer because the shelters won't accept pets without their veterinarian papers to prove they've had their shots.  I feel sick and helpless.  I understand why they're doing this but I'm terrified for them.

If it were me I would never leave my pet behind but I would get in the car and drive north and into safety.  If I couldn't find a motel that would take my pets, I'd sleep in the car with them.  I can't stand the thought of these people hunkering down in a little tin can with a hurricane blasting around them.  I don't know what to do.  

We love our pets the way we love our families so it's understandable that people won't leave their pets to suffer through the hurricane by themselves.  But why don't they just drive north until they're all safe?  

Another couple is waiting to hear of an opening at a shelter.  I can't stand it.  They should also be driving north until they're out of danger.  I've begged them to leave and will worry until I know they're okay.

I'm going to need a lot of drugs to sleep tonight.

No comments: