Saturday, September 09, 2017

Hurricane Path

Knowing people who have homes or lives to lose as this massive hurricane comes through means I can't just watch it and be impressed with the power of mother nature.

As of now, my family is safely (I hope) ensconced in Georgia and mostly out of Hurricane Irma's way but they'll still get wind and rain when it hits the panhandle.  My friends who chose to stay at the park are another matter but maybe luck will be with them.  It's been interesting to see how the hurricane's path is never 100% predictable and it now looks as though it will be mainly on the west side of Florida.  That's better news for my friends at the park but Shelley and John's house is in Tampa.  I hate to think of that beautiful house suffering damage...flood damage and possibly the loss of the pool screen covering is probably high on the list right now.

But hopefully all lives will be saved and that is what matters most.  Possessions can be repaired but lives lost are lost for good.  The next best storm path would be if it slides further west into the center of the Gulf but that means a bad hit for states on the Gulf.  I guess we have to let nature take it's course and hope for the best.


No comments: