Saturday, September 30, 2017

I Got an Apology

Way too late, but they did apologize!

About 5 or 6 years ago, a couple from the park accused me of stealing their lawn chairs.  I was absolutely shocked to the core because I had considered the woman a friend.  I did understand they were both a little whacky but never would have thought they'd do something like this.

The way I found out is that friends from around the park came to me laughing about it...they knew it wasn't true.  I didn't laugh.  I was angry at the husband and hurt by the wife because never in my life have I been accused of stealing anything.  I knew that most of the people knew me in the park and would know this couldn't be true but what about the people who didn't know me well?  It was so insulting and came completely out of the blue.

Anyway, I did manage to speak to the wife and she said she knew I hadn't taken them because she'd had a dream and now she knew who the culprit was.  Need I say more???

Well, yesterday at the grocery store I ran into both of them and they insisted on talking although it was very uncomfortable for me.  I was okay with the wife but still angry with the husband.  He finally came in real close to me and said he wanted to apologize because he'd found out who actually had stolen his chairs.  He was too stupid to know that the damage had already been done to any friendship we'd had and the apology didn't make me feel any better.

I know I wrote about this way back but the sad thing about all of this is that they never did come to me directly and ask if I knew anything about their damned chairs.  Isn't that what a normal person would do?  Instead, they both went around the park lying about me and that I can never forgive.

So, yes, both of them have apologized but, no, it doesn't matter because the accusation should never have happened at all.

No comments: