Saturday, October 07, 2017

Angry Gun Owner

I carried on a long Facebook conversation with a U.S. cop. He believes he has and should always have the right to purchase and own guns.  That didn't surprise me but his attitude did.

I'm always respectful but noticed he became angrier and ruder as our conversations progressed.  What that means to me is that he isn't 100% sure of his stand.

I finally asked him why he was being rude and sounding so angry and he replied that he was sick of Liberals ruining his country.  This is a cop unable to control his anger even while discoursing with a polite old lady who advocates gun control!

This got me thinking of how so many American gun owners seem to be angry people frightened of the outside world.  Sounds dangerous to me.  So many shootings occur in the States every day and there are many examples to quote but here is one to think about.  A young man had car trouble and knocked on the door of a nearby house, I think to ask if he could use their phone.  The resident shot and killed him.  It was an incident of irrational fear and the killer happened to own a gun.  This was just one of too many senseless killing by guns in the States that it could be considered common place.  What a damned shame!


No comments: