Saturday, October 14, 2017

Can't Stand Conflict

I remember as a little girl almost fainting when my little grandmother was whacking my big, strong grandfather with her purse in anger because he'd come home drunk.  I'm sure the purse didn't hurt him and he was always a non-violent person who never raised a hand to anyone, but it scared me so badly I collapsed on the floor.

I can't stand conflict.  I can't stand arguing.  I can't stand being around tension.  It makes me want to run away and that's what I usually do, the farther the better.  It completely confuses me how some people thrive on chaos and even become energized by it.  Not me.  It drains me.

I was watching an interesting program on T.V. today called "Lucky Dog" and just loved the whole concept of the show.  The kindness the man showed to a terrified dog and how he brought him around to trusting humans again was beautiful to see.  Of course, any show where a sweet dog is lovingly cared for has to make you happy.

I don't always watch such enlightening shows, often it's "Cops" or "Steve Wilkos" so I do watch seedier, nastier people, too, but that's because of my interest in psychology.  I enjoy analyzing strange characters who seem to get themselves into bizarre situations.  

But I gravitate towards spirit lifting shows when I'm feeling a bit down.  Dogs and babies will do that every time.  No psychological analyzing is needed with babies and dogs because they are as natural as can be.

Anyway, I hope never to see real life violence because I think it would kill me. 

No comments: