Sunday, October 29, 2017

The "F" Word

I've been picking Nolan (8 years old) and Nash (6 1/2 years old) up from school while their maternal Gramma is on vacation and it's been interesting.  I've seldom had both boys at once and now I know I was right to only have one at a time because 2 together is a whole different story.

They're not bad, they're busy.  An old gal like me doesn't take "busy" very well.  Also, the screaming (not their's) at the playroom in McDonalds is damn horrible.

Anyway, here is one story that made me very angry while it was happening but made me laugh as I drove home and has given me giggles ever since.

We were finished at McDonalds and driving to Kim's where their father would pick them up.  I was already frazzled from the bedlam at McDonald's playroom when Nolan said, "Nash always says the "F" word".

Me:  Where did you hear that word?

Nolan & Nash:  At school.

Me:  Well, don't say it any more.

Nash:  F

Me:  Knock it off, Nash!

Nolan:  U

Me:  (outraged and yelling) Stop it right now!

Nolan:  Nash, whatever you do, don't say CK.

Nash:  What does that word mean?

Me:  (Yelling and threatening to send them to time out if they             spoke one more word).

I absolutely hate it when little ones learn too much, too fast, but I know they'll hear everything at school from the other kids.  My anger was more from seeing my babies losing their innocence.

It was as I was driving down the Linc to home that I saw the conversation in a slightly different light and began to laugh.  I would never let the boys see me laugh but it was pretty funny when you think about it. 

No comments: