Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Change Facebook Settings

I've noticed I get a lot of strangers commenting on my Facebook posts and it's always just puzzled me how they got there.  Apparently it has something to do with the settings and I'm dumb as a doorknob when it comes to figuring that out...I didn't even know where they were but today I had to search them out.

I'd posted a photo and comments about the recent terrorist attack in New York where a rental van was used to mow down and kill 8 people in a bike lane.  More were hurt and some critically.  I spotted a strange name in the comments where the person had typed in, "Quran, Jihad".  I wasn't sure what he was meaning so I asked and the reply was gruesome and surely came from a terrorist or terrorist in training.  I hadn't read it until I got a call from Cindy telling me to change my settings and block the guy right away.  She tried to direct me over the phone how to do it but Facebook seems to look different on different computers.  Cindy was at work so I promised to do my own research to find out how on my own.

I first found out how to block him and it's interesting to note that he had 5 or 6 Facebook accounts so I blocked them all.  Then I found my settings and changed them to friends only...I apparently didn't find them all but Arlean directed me on how to complete the changes.  I think.

I'm quite vocal about my opinions and I know that gets me into trouble every now and then but I sure don't want to have any dealings with a terrorist or someone who thinks like one.  I prefer to debate with nice people.  

  

No comments: