Sunday, November 19, 2017

Planting in November




Usually when I leave Canada for Florida, my flowers at home are dying or pulled up but this year we had an amazingly warm fall so my plants were still looking great.  That's why I just had to sneak a few over the border because it would have been a shame to throw them away.  I did cut them way down but they're doing well and starting to grow.

As soon as the patio was powerwashed, I went out and bought a few plants, not as many as I used to get because I'm downsizing.  What I did get are so pretty!  None of the geraniums I left here survived the neglect of me not being here last winter but the ferns and spider plants always survive.

I love having live plants outside.  Faye doesn't like the few artificial plants I have inside the trailer but that's what I prefer because of bugs.  They add the color I crave in my surroundings.

I'm still using the old cell phone to take photos because I'm nervous about installing the new one...that's holding all Nicole's wedding photos so I'll tackle that soon.  I'm also still not using the phone regularly or texting.  That isn't my thing!  I know it will be invaluable when I'm travelling, though.

Anyway, once the plants get a foothold and begin to flourish, the patio will be lovely.  Life is good.

Oh yes, I've decide it is best for me to keep the trailer instead of selling and renting...as long as Shelley agrees.

No comments: